We looked at all the different characters and chose one that matched with the felt colours we had. We chose 'fumble' who is an orange starfish. Below is a picture of the character.
1) I scanned one of the trading cards on the computer, then printed this off enlarged.
2) I cut out the printed template and outlined it in black and pinned this to the felt.
4) I then cut out the eyes and mouth template.
5) I placed these onto some white fabric (this wasn't felt, but soft fabric)
6) I used fabric pens to colour the mouth and eyes onto the white fabric.
7) I pinned the cut out pieces onto the body of the starfish
9) Then I placed the front of the starfish to the back (front facing the other fabric)
10) Then I sewed all around the starfish, leaving a gap so that i could then turn the starfish back out.
11) Then I stuffed the starfish with wadding and hand stitched the opening closed.
It really was not that difficult and it took less than 1 hour to complete everything.