How to do the applique letters:
1) I found some letters on the internet and printed these out in large onto A4 paper.
2) Then I cut these out to use them as templates.
3) I placed these onto the fabric and traced around them.
4) Then I cut out the fabric
5) I then sewed these to the top.
How to do the hems (cuffs):
1) Here is a link showing how hems are attached. I followed the instructions about adding the hem, by opening up the trouser legs only enough to add the extra fabric. I did not unpick the whole of the trouser legs! http://craftsanity.com/project/files/project19.html
Adding the extra hems (cuffs) can be beneficial if you are wanting to make the trouser legs longer. Adding Appliques are also useful to cover any stains that are on your children's clothing.
Linking this post to:
Tip Junkie's -Tip Me Tuesday - Badge is on my Page http://www.tipjunkie.com/
Handmade Tuesdays - Badge is on my Page www./ladybug-blessings.com
A Crafty Soiree (Katies Nesting Spot) - Badge is on my Page http://www.katiesnestingspot.com/