Monday, 26 August 2013
I have actually been looking for bargain fabric for a few months to use for re-upholstering my dining room chairs, I couldn't believe my luck when I came across this fabric. Not only was it decent fabric (Laura Ashley Curtains) the size of the fabric was amazing! Each curtain piece was 250cm drop and 450cm width! That is a lot of fabric!
I bought it from a local charity shop which is much cheaper - it was slightly sun stained at the side but considering the width of the fabric that was nothing. I bought all of this fabric for only £7 if this was new you would be looking at a few hundred pounds.
I have already finished a few other projects with this fabric which I will hopefully be posting shortly Insha'Allah.
All the pieces from this chair came apart and they actually fit on with press studs. All I had to do was use the original covers to make a pattern and stitch them up using sewing machine - this was actually fairly easy. I had to hand sew the ends close, but again this was easy considering the closures are not on display, so no need for perfect sewing!
The only piece that needed more attention was the stool cushion. Again this was just a normal cushion attached by Velcro, but I did hand sew the closure which needed to be neater. I could have added a zip to make it neater, but I just made it the same way as it was originally made.
The chair looks brand new now and fits in with the décor much better now, so I am really pleased with my find. I can't wait to show you what else I made with all this amazing fabric! Keep watching.