I Spray Painted my Keyboard! I saw an amazing transformation of a keyboard by another blogger who hand painted each key and did an amazing job!
I didn't have the patience for hand painting, however I do like to indulge in spray painting! So I used a can of Gold coloured spray paint that I already had in the house from other projects and got to work.
- Take a photograph of the keyboard so that you know what each key is.
- Unscrew the top of the keyboard off carefully and place onto newspaper.
- Give one coat of paint and allow to dry. Do another coat if needed.
- Once dry using a permanent marker by hand write down on the keys the correct markings using the photograph.
- Then screw the top back to the bottom of the keyboard case.
- You now have a unique keyboard!
Here is the link and photograph of the keyboard that gave me the inspiration: doodlecraft.blogspot.co.uk
Here is another one she painted as a project:
Notes: Not sure if all keyboards can be took apart as easily - you need to make sure you know how to put it back together. I managed by myself but if I had struggled I would have asked my husband to help as he is a Computer Technician and taking them apart is his speciality!