Monday, 25 February 2013
DIY - Painted Jars Tutorial
DIY - Painted Jars - These are one of the easiest and cheapest things to make.
1) Find an empty Jar and remove any labels and clean it out thoroughly.
2) Find some suitable paint - (I actually used children's paint for this project!)
3) Place Jar onto some newspapers/paper so that paint doesn't make a mess.
4) Paint all around the outside of the jar. (You could also paint inside of the jar to deepen the colour!)
5) Leave to dry and if needed add extra coats. I had to do about 3 coats for this project as the paint wasn't very thick.
6) Optional - Decorate with ribbons/beads/permanent marker designs etc.
This is so easy, you don't really need a tutorial for this, but at least with a tutorial you can see for yourself how easy it really is!
I have this jar placed in my bathroom.